Experiment diverse Deep learning models for music generation with TensorFlow
The different models and experiments are explained here.
The program requires the following dependencies (easy to install using pip):
- Python 3
- TensorFlow (tested with v0.10.0rc0. Won't work with previous versions)
- CUDA (for using gpu, see TensorFlow installation page for more details)
- Numpy (should be installed with TensorFlow)
- Mido (midi library)
- Tqdm (for the nice progression bars)
- OpenCv (Sorry, there is no simple way to install it with python 3. It's primarily used as visualisation tool to print the piano roll so is quite optional. All OpenCv calls are contained inside the imgconnector file so if you want to use test the program without OpenCv, you can try removing the functions inside the file)
To train the model, simply run
main.py. Once trained, you can generate the results with
main.py --test --sample_length 500. For more help and options, use
python main.py -h.
To visualize the computational graph and the cost with TensorBoard, run
tensorboard --logdir save/.