Use the third-person camera with the Panda3D.
A more sophisticated RoamingRalphDemo. Extracted from the discontinued Kultakoulu Software's original RPG game project. Fully working third-person camera with a customizable relative position. The Witcher 1's styled. Contains also a player that can walk or run on a terrain.
- Python 3.6.7 (https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-367/) The version used for the development. Newer versions will work. Older versions may work but I don't guarantee anything.
- Panda3D 1.10.3 (https://www.panda3d.org/download/sdk-1-10-3/) As above, version used for the development.
pip3 install panda3d && cd tpp3d/src && ./main.py
Then move and look around using the WSAD keys and a mouse. Toggle run or walk by hitting the Shift key. Escape button will exit the app.
- Panda3D tutorial (https://github.com/fireclawthefox/panda3d-tutorial)
- PEP 20 -- The Zen of Python (https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0020/)
- PEP 8 -- Style Guide for Python Code (https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/)
- PEP 257 -- Docstring Conventions (https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0257/)
- the modular source code checker: pep8, pyflakes and co (https://pypi.org/project/flake8/)