Open in Place
Example app that illustrates how to get open-in-place to work well with iOS document providers.
It shows how to:
- invoke the document picker in open mode for files and directories
- receive open-in-place file references through Drag and Drop
- use and persist the security scoped URLs the document picker or Drag and Drop gives you
- work with a directory in a coordinated manner to stay in sync
- edit a text file in a coordinated manner such that your changes are written safely and such that outside changes appear in the editor automatically
- use the WorkingCopyUrlService file-provider SDK to fetch information about entries
Using the document picker to open directories will probably only work for iCloud Drive, external drives on iOS 13 and a few third party apps. I am the author of Working Copy and Secure ShellFish that fully supports opening directories in-place. Opening files in-place should be supported by all file providers.
If you have any questions the easiest way to catch me is on Twitter as @palmin.