Magento 2.0 Sample Module
Last tested on Magento2 version 2.1
What I got so far:
- One custom entity Author. flat and related to store views
- Backend section for the entity mentioned above
- Frontend list and view for the entity mentioned above
- List on Author view page on frontend
- Rss feeds for author list.
- Breadcrumbs support for list and view pages.
The other types of entities and features listed in the purpose will follow. Don't put many hopes in this. Based on the comments on the magento 2 repo the grid system will be changed...A LOT.
....of this repository is to hold a sample CRUD module for Magento 2.0. This module should contain the following:
- 4 Entities.
- 1 Flat - with a store selector. Similar to CMS pages
- 1 Flat but behaving as a tree - with a store selector. Similar to categories but non EAV
- 1 EAV - similar to products
- 1 EAV but behaving as tree - Similar to categories.
- Backend files for managing the entities mentioned above
- Frontend files for list and view each of the entities mentioned above
- RSS feeds for each entity mentioned above
- SOAP & REST API files for the entities mentioned above
- URL rewrites filed for frontend for the entities above
- Files needed for a many to many relation between the entities above and products
- Files needed for a many to many relation between the entities above and categories
- Files needed for a many to many relation between the entities above (among themselves)
- Each entity must support different attribute types:
- Textarea (with and without WYSIWYG editor)
- Dropdown (with different source models)
- Multi-select (with different source models)
- Integer (signed and unsigned)
- Each entity should have fronend links to the list page in one of the menu/link areas provided by the default theme
- Each entity must have SEO attributes (meta-title, meta-description, meta-keywords)
- Would be nice to have unit tests for every class in the code - but that's low priority.
- Each entity type must have widgets for frontend (link, short view).
- Each entity must support customer comments.
- Each EAV entity must have a section for managing attributes (similar to product attributes).
After this is complete (or almost) it will become the base source for the Ultimate Module Creator 2.0 which will be a version for Magento 2.0 of the Ultimate Module Creator for Magento 1.7.
Any other ideas and pieces of code are welcomed even encouraged.
To install this module copy the code from this repo to
app/code folder of your Magento 2 instance,
If you do this after installing Magento 2 you need to run
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- composer config repositories.sample-module-news git [email protected]:tzyganu/Magento2SampleModule.git
- sudo composer require sample/module-news:dev-master
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
If you installed it manually:
- remove the folder
- drop the tables
sample_news_author(in this order)
- remove the config settings.
DELETE FROM core_config_data WHERE path LIKE 'sample_news/%'
- remove the module
- remove the module
DELETE FROM setup_module WHERE module='Sample_News'
If you installed it via composer:
- run this in console
bin/magento module:uninstall -r Sample_News. You might have some problems while uninstalling. See more details here: