Decentralized Identifier Specification v1.0
This is the repository of the W3C’s specification on Decentralized Identifier Specification v1.0, developed by the DID Working Group. The editors’ draft of the specification can also be read directly.
Contributing to the Repository
Use the standard fork, branch, and pull request workflow to propose changes to the specification. Please make branch names informative—by including the issue or bug number for example.
Editorial changes that improve the readability of the spec or correct spelling or grammatical mistakes are welcome.
Please read CONTRIBUTING.md, about licensing contributions.
Code of Conduct
W3C functions under a code of conduct.
DID Working Group Repositories
- W3C Decentralized Identifier Specification v1.0
- Home page of the Decentralized Identifier Working Group
- Specs and documentation for all DID-related /.well-known resources
- W3C Decentralized Characteristics Rubric v1.0
- Decentralized Identifier Use Cases v1.0
- W3C DID Test Suite and Implementation Report
Notes on Diagram related workflow and the tool
- Some of the diagrams were created by diagram drawing tool diagrams.net (formerly
draw.io), then exported to SVG format. The file extension of diagrams.net file is
.drawio. When export to SVG, please use the following options:
- Zoom at 100%
- Border Width to 10
- Size to
- Uncheck all of the following options: "Transparent Background," "Shadow," "Embed Images," "Include a copy of my diagram."